Morality! The word we are forgetting slowly. Regardless of what position you work for or where you work or for whom you work. Morality, ethics, honesty are difficult terms to follow, however adhering to them can have the best results for you in distant future.
Even in the innovative field like photography, designing, development or anything else that takes creativity, imagination and talent are regulated to some ethics. We being developers, take responsibility for making someone’s business a success. So, even if there are no specific set of rules assigned to us, it is constantly better to hold ourselves within proper limits. Web developers are not committed to particular vow like doctors or lawyers, but still having some guidelines and limitations can go a long way.
Let’s take a look at them
- Never ever sell the client’s information to any other party. Give such information, only if the client has given you written permission to do so.
- The confidentiality of the clients including, business connections, payment information, project information, strategies, goals or any such information should not be disclosed to anyone without the consent of the client.
- Even if you have to use any personal information of the client like payment details or credit card numbers, make sure you notify them and get their permission.
Website Development Ethics
- Do not include any adult content or graphics if the website is not in the context. Also, make sure that the outlook of the website should not seem like it is supporting any radical groups or violence of any kind.
- Try not to design websites with high graphics or unnecessary images that can increase the landing page time. (Use such images or graphics only after the clients consent).
- Use genuine designing platforms and techniques. Also, if the latest technology doesn’t not help the site in any way avoids using it.
- The client should always be in the loop and they should be notified of any changes made. Be clear with them and be on the same page. Do not ask for any extra money by lying to them or providing false details to do so. Do not use the lack of knowledge of client for personal benefits.
- Government rules and regulations should be taken into consideration before hosting the site or updating content. Make sure the content is not confidential or it doesn’t violate any rules and laws by the government in any kind.
- Lastly, images used during the website development must be free of copyright issues. If copyright images are used, the client can have legal issues.
- Encourage the client to use paid images.
We are always open for suggestions and feedback, so if you have any, don’t hesitate to write in the box. Good luck!